Every year CBA’s Responsible Care Awards are presented to member companies in recognition of their achievements over the previous year.
Young Person Award
This award is to encourage young people and to recognise excellence within the chemical distribution sector. The young person should be able to demonstrate how their ability and individual performance has contributed to a strategic enhancement in any area of the business, describing the part they have played in achieving the stated aims or improvements. Click here for more information and frequently asked questions.
The award is open to any person under 30 years of age on 31st December of the award year, who is employed by a Distributor or Logistics Services member of CBA. Anyone leaving their employer between the application and the presentation event, should inform CBA, as this would disqualify them from the award.
The application form and details of the entry procedure for the 2021 wiil be downloaded here
Aneeb Chaudhry wins the Young Person Award – (2020)
The Chemical Business Association is proud to announce that Aneeb Chaudhry, Process Engineer for Brenntag UK & I, has been named the winner of the Young Person of the Year 2020 Award.
Responsible for the delivery of Capital Projects and Asset Management across the Brenntag UK & I network, Aneeb embodies the passion, knowledge, and commitment to excellence that we are excited to see as part of the Chemical Industry across the UK.
Congratulations Aneeb Chaudhry.
CBA’s Young Person Award aims to encourage young people – under 30 years of age -and recognise excellence in the chemical distribution sector.
Responsible Care Awards
COMMUNITY INTERACTION AWARD
The Chemical Business Association’s Community Interaction Award acknowledges a major contribution to community interaction by a member company, one of its employees, or a group of employees. The winner of this year’s Community Interaction Award was Den Hartogh Logistics.
Den Hartogh Logistics is a leading Logistics Service Provider. It provides dry and liquid bulk logistics for the chemical, gas, polymer and food industry. Established in The Netherlands in 1920, Den Hartogh is a private company with a global presence operating from 47 locations in 26 countries and employing 1,800 people.
The Den Hartogh Community Cares programme began in 2019 to involve the company’s UK employees in Yorkshire (Hull and Immingham), the North West (Carrington), and the North East (Stockton on Tees and Wilton) in socially responsible activities in their various communities. Since the inception of the Community Cares programme, it has helped many local charities with a wide range of projects.
Recent projects and events supported by Den Hartogh’s Community Cares programme include:
• MacMillan Cancer Support – Employees raised over £200 at a MacMillan Coffee morning held in their offices.
• Cancer Research UK – 12 employees raised a total of £1,200 by competing in a ‘Pretty Muddy’ event running through a 5K muddy course.
• Samaritans – The Samaritans Christmas Shoe Box Appeal by employees filling a shoe boxes with gifts for under privileged children
• Maxi Mates – Employees at the Stockton on Tees office presented Christmas Food Hampers to raise funds for Maxi Mates – a dedicated charity helping stray dogs.
• Hartlepool Baby Bank – Employees placed an order for £500-worth of goods to be delivered to the Hartlepool Baby Bank which helps local families struggling with unemployment, low wages, or have suffered domestic violence and cannot afford basic goods.
• Christmas Market – Employees raised £5,000 by taking part in a Christmas Market and firework event which attracted 3,000 people. The funds raised will help to ensure that a local playing field and Recreation Club can remain open.
• St Paul’s Boxing Club – Employees at the Hull office donated £1,000 to buy new punch bags for this local boxing club. This donation was linked to Hull’s Better Health at Work Campaign.
CBA Chief Executive, Peter Newport, said, “Many congratulations go to all the Den Hartogh employees for their commitment supporting local charitable causes. Their hard work and community spirit makes them worthy winners of this year’s CBA Community Interaction Award.
To learn more about these awards and how to enter please click here.