CBA Presents Its Annual Responsible Care Awards
2 May 2017
2 May 2017
The Chemical Business Association (CBA) has unveiled the winners of its annual industry awards for Responsible Care.
The Awards were presented at CBA’s Annual Lunch at the Grosvenor House, Park Lane, London, on 26 April 2017, before an audience of over 1,100 industry representatives and their guests by impressionist, comedian, and writer, Rory Bremner.
CBA’s Awards recognise excellence in relation to Responsible Care, a voluntary industry programme promoting continuous improvements and best practice in health, safety, security, and environmental management. Each year, CBA publishes the aggregate performance data for all its member companies.
The judging panel also awarded a Certificate of Commendation to MONARCH CHEMICALS LIMITED to reflect the effectiveness of its internal communication strategy.
The winner of the CBA Award for a distributor company with an office-only operation was Bradford-based CHANTRY CHEMICALS LIMITED. The Award reflects the company’s integration of Responsible Care into all its business operations and for its work with the local community.
Lesley Jones, Managing Director, received the Award on behalf of the company.
The winner of the Responsible Care Award for distributor companies with operating sites was BRENNTAG UK & IRELAND LIMITED. The company also won this year’s overall CBA Responsible Care Award. The Award reflects the exceptional commitment of the company to achieving a strong safety culture through training and communication throughout the workforce and its engagement with the local communities in which it operates.
Fred Worle, Group Operations Director, received the Award on behalf of the company.
– ends –
Further information from:
Chief Executive Officer, CBA
NOTES TO EDITORS
(1) CBA represents the UK’s independent chemical supply chain. Its membership includes distributors, traders, warehouse operators, along with logistics and transport companies. CBA’s members, the majority of which are SMEs, are the main industry interface with thousands of UK downstream chemical users.
(2) CBA member companies employ more than 7,800 people. They distribute, pack, and blend more than three million tonnes of chemicals each year with a market value of almost three billion euros. In addition, CBA’s logistics member companies handle more than three million tonnes of chemicals annually.
(3) Compliance with Responsible Care became mandatory for CBA members in 2002.
(4) CBA produces two annual reports on the health, safety and environmental performance of its member companies. One covers the Association’s distributor membership and the other covers its logistics services members engaged in chemical road haulage, warehousing, and tank farm operations. These reports provide an insight on the health, safety and environmental performance of the UK’s chemical supply chain.
(5) Presentation photographs are available by going to www.chemical.org.uk and clicking on Responsible Care.